O&H is committed to long-term engagement with the local community
Over the last few years O&H has researched local priorities and concerns, and this has informed our current proposals for Marston Valley.
O&H has worked across the Marston Vale for many years and we have always sought to engage with local Parish Councils in bringing forward other schemes such as Stewartby Park and Marston Park. We have invested in building relationships with local stakeholders including the Forest of Marston Vale Trust, the B&MK Waterway Trust, and the Local Nature Partnership.
We want to strengthen these relationships in bringing forward Marston Valley.
Engagement and consultation on the planning process
Our communication with local residents is ongoing. It has taken place over several years already and will continue throughout the planning and construction process.
In 2017/2018 we held a comprehensive consultation which involved public exhibitions and meetings, a newsletter, use of social media and this website. This led us to understand local priorities better, to refine the community infrastructure package and to ensure that the proposals respond to local needs.
From Wednesday 24 February to Tuesday 16 March 2021, we are consulting on the Development Brief for the Marston Vale New Villages.
Long term involvement
As part of our long-term commitment to the future new community in Marston Valley, we are starting to think about the future governance strategy for the development. Informed by our experience in the Hamptons, Peterborough, this is likely to include the following measures:
- Putting in place strong governance arrangements including a Marston Valley Management Company and Marston Valley Community Trust for the blue and green infrastructure network and community facilities to ensure it is managed and maintained in the long term;
- Working with the local community to help them set up new local organisations and initiatives such as residents associations, so that they have ownership over their local area;
- Setting up the ‘Marston Valley Voices’ – a panel of local representatives who will help guide the design of the development over its 20 year delivery, to include local businesses, residents etc;
- Establishing an on-site O&H presence and hiring a community liaison worker to form relationships with local residents and ensure that there is a direct line of communication throughout the delivery of the scheme;
- Working with local sports and social clubs, ensuring that either new facilities or contributions towards improving existing ones are provided where required.